Every Sunday morning at 8 am I recap the week, share what I learned and showcase some of my work.
I've been spending the past couple of months getting ready for a big move! I moved in with my long term boyfriend in his house and rented out my house. It's been a lot of work, long nights and yelling at inanimate objects. It wasn't easy leaving my comfy home in Halifax where I was the queen (Second to my cat.. I guess) but it was all worth it to live with someone who supports me in all my endeavors and reminds me to sit down and relax every once in awhile.
Here's my list of moving tips to make life a little easier.
- Start early: Guaranteed there’s things in the house you won’t miss for 2-3 months. Don’t be afraid to start packing early, you won’t regret it!
- Do one room at a time: don’t start hopping from room to room, otherwise you feel like you’re getting nothing done. Start in the rooms you won’t miss and work your way down towards the more used rooms.
- Allocate the clothing you’ll wear while you’re packing: Have 3-4 weeks worth of clothes left out while you packing. Think work smart and a couple casual outfits for the weekends and pack the rest of it away. Yes sometimes it’s hard repeating your outfits so many times in a month but scratching one more thing off the to do list is worth it.
- Label: Nothing is worst than not knowing what room to shove boxes in when you get to your new home.
- Pruge: Had the space for it before so you ignored it? GREAT! Throw it out.. seriously when was the last time you used that foot bath?
- Meal plans: You don’t want to be transporting a bunch of old food to the house. Take advantage of the new beginning by seeing what lurks in the back of your freezer and either making an amazing creation with it or throwing it out. Seriously those carrots have been in there for 4 years…
My father and his family growing up flipping houses so moving was an exciting family activity! ... I don't get it. I hate moving. My spouse is stuck with me because I'm not moving again! Baha. We've already agreed there will be a moving company for the next move.
Lastly... Alas through the moving nightmare I still got some opportunities to get some jobs done.
This heart filled rainbow birthday cake will make any celebration special, and it was well received for the 1st birthday party it attended!